Rooting is basically a process of using a utility to grant extra permissions (like Admin rights) to a specific app. This is needed for some of the advanced features of FlexiSPY.
Rooting is generally safe since you only choose which specific app to grant the extra permissions to, in this case FlexiSPY.
Rooting is not required in order to install and use FlexiSPY, except for the following advanced features:
- Email capturing
- IM capturing
- Call interception
- App Screenshot
- VoIP Call Log
- VoIP Call Recording
- Browsing Activity
- Remote Update
- Fully Hidden Processes
- Hidden SMS commands
How to get help with rooting
Because rooting is different for every Android device, getting it rooted successfully can be tricky. Luckily there are two main ways to help you root an Android device.
- XDA Developers - Well written rooting guides for many popular devices. Simply search for your model to see if a guide is available. If you can't find it here, Google is your friend.
- FlexiSPY Installation Service - Get your Android device rooted and FlexiSPY installed at the same time with our own optional Installation Service. Discounted if purchased with a new license at checkout.
- What phones are supported?
- Do I need the device physically to install FlexiSPY?
- Why don't I get all root features?
Contact support for further assistance
Please do not hesitate to contact support if you require further help. If you have any feedback on how we can improve this article, please let us know by submitting a ticket.